Today’s question is:
“I rode into the end of last year exhausted, and I realized that something needs to change in my business. Specifically I have to stop doing everything myself.
I’ve never hired anyone before though and would love some pointers on how to do it well. I’m in a Facebook group where people talk about their first hire being a VA or an OBM. So I figured that’s the right approach.
If you have any tips about which one to hire first and how to go about delegating tasks to that person so it all works smoothly, I’m all ears. Thanks in advance.”
This week, we dive into how to make your first hire in your business. We chat about what to nail down before you look for someone. We explain the difference between a Virtual Assistant and an Online Business Manager, give some tips for task delegation, and also talk about the importance of open communication.
In this episode:
- What to consider when hiring someone new. 3:30
- Hiring to meet the various needs of your business. 6:00
- The difference between a Virtual Assistant and an Online Business Manager. 10:30
- How to identify what to hand off to someone else. 12:30
- Delegating tasks and communicating with the people you manage. 18:30
Click here to download a transcript of this episode.
References from this episode:
Where to find Amy:
Where to find Kirsty: