Today’s question is:
“I’m thinking of branching out from one-to-one services into the online course / group program space. And then there’s an awkward cringe face emoji. I’m a big believer in learning from people who are three steps ahead of me and would love to know what I don’t know in this case.
How long do you think you need to create and launch a course? How does it change the shape of your work / days? How do you manage talking to two different audiences (i.e. one-to-one clients, and course customers)? Looking forward to your wisdom on this one.”
You know that old cliché, it’s impossible to know what you do not know? Today’s question is a bit that from someone who wants to start an online course or group program. We share our experience since we’ve both done just that.
In this episode:
- Splitting your energy between running group programs and offering 1:1 services. 1:45
- Moving from a position of expertise to running something new. 4:45
- Identifying and serving your different audiences. 6:45
- How to talk to different audiences within your business. 11:00
- Tailoring your website to multiple audiences at once. 12:15
- Creating and sticking to your timeline. 14:00
- Removing some of the pressure of creating your first course. 19:15
References from this episode:
Click here to download a transcript of this episode.
Where to find Amy:
Where to find Kirsty: