Today’s question is:
“I’ve mostly been working with small businesses, but recently was approached by a bigger company with C-suite folks involved in the sales process. How do I handle the sales call when there are multiple stakeholders? Is this common? How does it affect the decision making process?
And then if I land the gig, the project going forward: is it similar to what I’m used to? Or do I need new processes and strategies for landing clients and leading projects?”
Today, we have a question about approaching bigger clients. When you’re talking to clients and you move away from the small and medium sized business market to working in a more corporate structure. Maybe there are some C-suite people involved in the decision-making process and the entire project.
This person wants to know what to expect, what’s different, and how do you go into that process with your eyes open?
In this episode:
- Working with a large company as an outside contractor. 2:45
- Adjusting to someone else’s processes and procedures. 3:45
- The importance of asking questions. 5:45
- The questions you’re going to want to ask upfront. 6:45
- How to make the process more efficient when there are multiple parties involved. 9:00
- How to have these conversations with clients. 11:00
- Being a team player while still maintaining your agency as a business owner. 15:25
- The benefits of working with a larger company. 20:10
References from this episode:
Click here to download a transcript of this episode.
Where to find Amy:
Where to find Kirsty: